Wednesday, August 1, 2007

water the grass?


This is a new concept for me or at least one that i had forgotten about; having to water the grass. Unfortunatley our sprinklers in the front of the house do not work very well. Our landlady is taking care of it but for now i have to shlep the one hose we have from the front yard to the back yard and back again. Why not by another hose you ask? I'm trying not to spend where i don't have to. I hesitate to spend any money till we get our money from the sale of the house.
So...i was sitting on the front porch looking at the dead spots on my grass when i noticed the hispanics cutting the grass across the street. FYI Everyone here has a gardener. Ya so do we. That's what they call the guy or guys that cut your grass and oh ya maintain the sprinkler system that almost everyone has as well. I marvled at how quickly they did their thing. They have it down.
Anyway i noticed that i had not seen it rain yet. This was confirmed last week by a good friend who i will call Mac. He called to leave a rather angry message on my voicemail that went something like this. DID YOU KNOW THAT IN THE LAST YEAR SYRACUSE HAS GOTTEN 42INCHES OF PRECIPITATION (I FORGET THE EXACT NUMBER, BUT IT WAS IN TH 40'S) AND LOS ANGELES HAS GOTTEN 4!
Oh well i gotta go. I have to water the lawn now.
Peace
Los

No comments: