Tuesday, January 15, 2008

the Nardo's



i don't even know where to begin with the nardo's. greg and angie are beyond words. they have taken our family on as their own. I consider greg my 'west coast' brother. does anyone think he looks like mike? carlos and i do. you've got to see this guy talk. he and my bro have the same facial expressions and hand gestures. just this sunday (the day he cut the boy's hair) he was telling me a story and i had to stop him and say 'that was totally something my brother would do'. hanging with him makes me sad sometimes because he really makes me miss my brother but other times it's like my brother is with me. oh well ... (mike, you've really got to come visit!!)

greg and angie are already heavily involved with Norte, our bilingual service. greg plays guitar with the worship band (picture this, carlos sandwiched between 2 full blooded italians). greg is also one of Norte's biggest cheerleaders. angie, at times, has had to run slides for music, with no prior experience. the support and dedication they have for our church already proves to be ENORMOUS!! everyone needs a greg and angie.

but it doesn't stop at their dedication to the church, their friendship and willingness to help out our family is amazing. let's just take the haircuts, for example ... they refuse to take any money. how crazy is that? but what a blessing! they've cut everyone's hair in this family, with the exception of carlos. ...(oh, by the way, the day greg cut the boys hair, angie styled mine ... b/c you know i could never do that (picture above)) ...

... this is just 'some' of what the nardo's have done. the list of thoughtfulness, love, support, friendship, and blessings goes on and on.

1 comment:

Nancy K said...

You all look marvelous!!! What fun! LOVE the pic of your new do. What good friends. You are blessed .... as are we.