Tuesday, January 27, 2009

prayers

hi all...
I'd like to ask those of you reading this to take just a moment and pray for my Jackson. it is nothing major or life threating... but he is struggling. I'm not quite sure how to put it in words, but I know he is having a huge problem with self-control. those of you who know him know that he is a passionate little guy (to say the least) . he gets so angry. it's like a switch goes on and he can't control what happens until we bring him down. sometimes it's just outright defiance just because 'I don't want to.' carlos and I are struggling because we feel that we've tried all we can and that it's not working. we may not be doing anything wrong but we aren't doing something right. we are going to make an appt with a counselor because it is so hard to see him like this. he cries that he wants to change but can't. he lies, too, even when he doesn't need to. I don't understand. and as his mom, I hurt tremendously because I feel helpless. like I did something to promote this. and now I can't fix it. I know God has great plans for him. and I know God can fix this. so I ask that you would pray along with me for him. thank you in advance. God will prevail!!

1 comment:

Micheledidasko said...

Absolutely praying the blood of JESUS over Jackson.
Be encouraged that he wants to change, that he has you and Carlos and counseling for support, and that he belongs to our GOD who is SOVEREIGN.
Have you tracked his diet? Maybe it has something to do with a nutrient deficiency or other chemical imbalance.
Or it could be spiritual warfare as he comes to an age of awareness of his own personal relationship with God.
Does he memorize scripture? Might want to start or ramp up that habit and see if it helps if he can recall the scripture when he starts to feel conflicted.
Let the heads of those who surround Jackson be covered with the trouble their lips have caused! Ps 140:9