Thursday, January 31, 2008

today is one of those days ...

i'm just melancholy. one of those days when i just miss my old life. my life in liverpool, NY, cozy liverpool - (not the weather of course) - but the comfortableness of what my life was. i'm not saying that life here isn't great (b/c it is) and i've met some really INCREDIBLE people that will most likely be friends for a lifetime, but today - i want my friends and family (extended family) right next to me, not 3000 miles away. ever been there, ever wanted to go back?

days like this came more often when we first moved and i haven't seen one in a really long time ... but today i am relying on God's upholding to make it through.

thanks for listening ...

nic

3 comments:

Nancy K said...

Been there. It won't be so bad once you start building lots of memories with people, places and things. Right now, there are few "remember whens ..." Soon. Soon. Remember when Alfred took pictures of the boys playing with their recycle bin? Now, go look at the bin and smile. That's a cherished Long Beach memory.

Lori said...

Hey Nicole,
We miss you too!! Sorry I haven't been in contact but that doesn't mean that I don't think of you often. I still laugh when I think of our Ladies Basketball. Steve took a picture of me taking a shot and I look so ridiculous! Thanks for not laughing at me! It sure was a lot of fun and I really miss getting to know you better and the good times we had. Hang in there and remember you are loved and missed!

Pat H said...

Hi Nic,
Sorry you had a down day, but that's ok and we all have them at times. You will build more and more "special" memories as time goes by. But you will always be able to have the memories of all the people here that love you. Want to hear a real bummer?? Chris is going to be 21 Monday can you believe it? where did the past 16 years go? Gee I am begining to feel real old, Looking forward to reading more of your adventures so keep on posting!
Hugs
Pat