Monday, February 4, 2008

many thanks

thanks everyone, for your love and support after reading my last blog entry. sorry i was such a downer ...
that day has come and gone and now i am thrusted back into life (not like i ever left). i do need to tell you of one more thing that happened that day that made the day even worse. I FORGOT TO PICK THE KIDS UP FROM SCHOOL! WOW, talk about a messed up day. probably not many of you know that 2 of my kids get out at 2pm EVERY THURSDAY. i guess i just forgot that it was thursday. that evening we were having some friends over for dinner so i was cooking up a storm. i even made sauce from scratch-scratch (not just opening some cans of crushed tomatoes and adding my seasonings) carlos' mom gave us a bunch of ripe tomatoes, so i thought i'd try to make my sauce from them. it came out quite good, if i do say so myself and our guests agreed. so anyway, i was cooking and my phone rang. i didn't answer it, of course, because if i don't recognize the #, i don't answer it. the person (lex) didn't leave a message, so i just went about my business. a little while later (it was 2:38p), it rang again, this time it was the school's number. lex was on the other end and for a moment i was scared because i thought something had happened to her. nope, that wasn't the case. she said. "mom, where are you?" then it hit me, it's thursday!! ah man, i felt terrible. and the thing that makes me laugh the most about it now is what jackson said to lex as they were waiting for me, "maybe she got hurt or something and is dead." i feel so horrible for the mental pain i put them both through. BUT the evening progressively got better, i am happy to say. we really enjoyed the company of our dinner guests and dinner came out great ;)

thanks again for your prayers and concerns.
nic

2 comments:

Pat H said...

Hi Nic,
Oh gee ripe tomatoes, I can almost taste them, but it will be a long time before we get them here as you know. I chuckled reading about you forgetting the kids, I have done that myself, but no harm done....LOL
Have a good weekend
Hugs,
Pat

Izzy said...

I think that is going to be an awesome story for one of Carlos' future sermons.