Monday, July 9, 2007

shock!

all i can say is wow ... did anyone warn us as to how expensive it is to live out here - LOL. the family went looking for a place to live yesterday after church. we saw a really nice place that was in a really nice neighborhood but didn't have a really nice price. so now, we continue to look, commute an hour, and pray that our house back east sells as we watch for what God lays before us.

our first week at LLCF was great. the people we met were very friendly and welcomed us in as family. we will be commissioned in next sunday. there is VBS this week that the kids want to attend, but, again, the commute may be a little much to do daily. we are planning to go at least twice, so when the kids are at VBS carlos and myself can look for residence.

thanks for all the words of encouragement! i love hearing from you all. unfortunately, i am not able to be online as much as usual and i don't have a bunch of time to myself ... but i promise i will continue to try and keep in touch as best as time allows.

many hugs from me!
nic

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The family that just drove all the way across the country is complaining about an hour drive!

Nancy K said...

WOW! You made it. The kids sound happy. I read enthusiasm in your words. Yes, LA is expensive, but the job you are sent to do is priceless. Love hearing that the kids are swimming. Wear No Ad sunscreen 45! Cheapest and best. Love to you; love to the kids; love to Carlos.

Philosophy Library said...

Wow, do I feel your pain. I've found a new blog to be addicted to, and the blogger is Nicole Cueva.

South Florida prices are just about what Southern Cal prices are, with the added bonus of hurricanes. But it is also manageable. Los - Check your hotmail account, where I've emailed some tips.

I really get a kick out of how people throw out dollar amounts as if it's nothing: "Yea, I bought it for 500k, and I'm looking to sell it for 900k", when they're a checkout clerk at Kroger.

I, for one, am not used to the sun. Are you familiar with thing thing - the sun? Apparently, it's in the sky, and is really really hot. I have the distinct feeling of being in a spotlight all of the time, only I'm not doing anything that interesting.

Silver-lining: The beach is free, as are the seashells.